Wednesday, February 29, 2012

3 reasons your thoughts will affect your performance

If you’ve ever been at a great height and had someone tell you, “Don’t look down!”  then you already understand this concept you will focus on and be drawn towards what you allow to dominate your thoughts. These are 3 reasons your thoughts will affect your performance.





3 THOUGHTS YOU MUST KEEP OUT



If your thoughts affect your focus and your focus determines your direction. Then here are 3 thoughts that you must keep out so you can keep moving in the right direction







1.     What if I fail?  Don’t spend your time thinking about failure think about what it takes to win. Allowing yourself to think about failure makes the event about how you will look or whom you will let down instead of being about doing your best for Christ.



2.     What do others think about me?

o       Fans and spectators will always have contrasting opinions. But, good or bad the opinions of other people cannot score points or win souls into heaven.

o       If you study hard, pray hard, keep your character strong and always give your best effort, the results will speak for themselves.

o       I don’t care what the world says about me.

o       I don’t care what my enemies say about me.

o       I don’t even care what my friends say about me.

o       I only believe and concern myself with what God says about me. What Christ has to say about me.

o       Their words are eternal.

o       Their words about me are words, promises, statements made from heaven itself, the creators of all the universe and everything in it. And their comments will last forever.



James 3



3.     “What about my past?”

o       Whether you have missed your mark one time or 100 times, dwelling on that will only keep you from reaching your goal again.

o       Replace those thoughts by thinking about how good it will be in succeeding in your goals and passions.

o       Revelation 22:14 “Blessed are those who wash their robes so they can enter through the gates of the city and eat the fruit from the tree of life. 15 Outside the city are the dogs--the sorcerers, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idol worshipers, and all who love to live a lie.”



o       Jesus Christ our example preached what He lived and lived what He preached.

o       He didn’t tell people to pray and not pray Himself.

o       He didn’t tell people to read their bibles and not spend time devoting Him self to His.

o       He didn’t tell people not to judge each other and go and be judgmental.

o       He didn’t tell people to heal the sick, raise the dead, bless those that curse you bless and curse not and not be caught doing these things DAILY!

o       Jesus Christ was a living, breathing, walking talking example of how to treat all of humanity and how to live supernaturally..

o       He always spoke truth, and continually lived the truth.



John 21:25”And I suppose that if all the other things Jesus did were written down, the whole world could not contain the books.”



New Series next month



___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment