Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Magnify the solution




Galatians 3:23-26 (NLT)
"Before the way of faith in Christ was available to us, we were placed under guard by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until the way of faith was revealed. [24] Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. [25] And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian. [26] For you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus."

1.Magnify the problem.
      The testimony, the proof of changed lives, is in your own words.
      Through belief in Jesus Christ.

Illustrate here: magnifying glass to show how we magnify EVERYTHING but God.

      Our God came to us.
                  Didn't have to.
                  Wasn't paid to.
                  Gave no thought for His own life, gave no demands.
                  Gave no ultimatums, produced no stereotypes, just laid down His life to rescue mankind.
      Hatred has many faces.
                  It wears anger and intolerance, pride and impatience, insults and gossiping.
                  The same seed that blossoms into murder begins with small bits of jealousy, rudeness, and neglect.
                  The same root that makes us argue with our neighbors is what matures into war and genocide.
                  The same lack of love that causes abuse and slavery comes from those simple, quiet, but hateful thoughts in our heads.
                  While few of us will ever commit murder, all of us carry the seed from which it springs.
      Peace will only rule our lives when the love of God finds a place in our hearts, our homes, and our relationships.
                  So let us begin the process of changing hate to love.
      We can start with a kind word or an honest apology.
      We can start with humbleness or respect.
                  But wherever we start, love is the medicine for our lives and the prescription for our predicaments.
                  Talk with God.
      Forgive my lack of love, God.
      Help me to love others as you have loved me.
      God remind me that love is an action, a verb, a lifestyle.

                  Magnified problems.
                  God my past is too bad.
                  God my situation is too hard.
                  My parents didn't love me enough.
                  My parents love me too much.
                  My situation is too different.
                  My circumstances are just too difficult.
                  God I prayed a prayer and it wasn't answered the way I wanted it, or thought it should be so now I'm mad at the world.
                  I'm not talented enough.
                  I'm too talented.
                  He broke up with me for another girl.
                  I'm not that smart, rich, or gifted.
                  But my parents deserted me, but my friends forgot about me, but, but, but.

                  When we magnify the problem, essentially we're saying with our mouth, our life, and our faith, and belief, God you're not strong enough, God you're not wise enough, you're not big enough, to handle my problem.
      I can't trust You.
      I refuse to trust you.
                  I would rather handle it on my own, carry it by myself, and concoct a solution of my liking because you are incapable.


2. Magnify the solution.

Psalm 34:1-4 (NLT)
"I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak His praises. [2] I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. [3] Come, let us magnify the Lord's greatness; let us exalt His name together. [4] I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me. He freed me from all my fears. [5] Those who look to Him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces."
                  Jesus Christ is the solution, magnify Him!
      He is our reason, magnify Him.
      He is the creator, magnify Him.
      He is the forgiver, the fire baptizer, the rescuer, magnify Him.
                  Magnify His soon return and encourage each other with these words.
      Magnify His greatness, magnify His power over death, hell, and the grave.
      Magnify His blessings over your life, and His mercy over your soul.
      Magnify His forgiving, rescuing work in mankind.
      Magnify His life, His miracles, His love.

                  Magnify Him instead of your problems, your lack, your situation and circumstances.

Illustrate here: Cardboard testimonies begin. (Live music with Alec, Marissa)
Stacy to finalize the cardboard testimonies with reading hers.

Altar: Pastor Mike
      God let us magnify You above all things, magnify You above all problems, above all sickness, above all lack, above all inabilities, above all powers, above all authority, above all talents, above all sin, above all death, above all enemies, God we magnify you, we focus on You.
                  God You are greater.
                  God You are wiser.
                  God nothing is too big for you, nothing is too hard for You.
                  God You gave Your life in exchange for mine.
                  God You offer eternal life to mankind.
                  God You heal sickness.
                  You restore.
                  You redeem.
                  You rescue.
                  You give, you fill, you overflow.
                  Resources are nothing to You.
                  Problems are solved by You.
      I magnify You.

Joshua 3:5,7 (NLT)
"Then Joshua told the people, "Purify yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do great wonders among you." [7] The Lord told Joshua, "Today I will begin to make you a great leader in the eyes of all the Israelites. They will know that I am with you, just as I was with Moses."

No comments:

Post a Comment