Sunday, November 6, 2011

4 differences between confidence and arrogance.

Some people think that confidence is pride.  You can be confident and very humble.  Pride is confidence in the wrong things. True confidence comes from a solid foundation of knowing who you are in Christ.
1. Confidence is security in who we are in Christ. 
  • Arrogance is self-reliance because of what we have, who we know, or what we have done.

2.  Confidence is knowing that ''we can do all things through Christ Jesus'' versus the arrogant alternative of trusting what we can do ourselves.

3. Confidence is knowing our past is forgiven by God and we are in good standing with Him by faith.
  • Arrogance is confidence in our works and our right living.

4. Confidence is knowing that God is on our side and, therefore, it doesn't matter who is against us.
  • Arrogance is thinking that we are secure from problems and circumstances because of our own recources.
Be confident because of who you are in Christ Jesus. With Him on your side, you can't fail.
  • "Relationship is an action not a feeling."  
  • Pride- a conceited sense of one's superiority Living life superficial- shallow.
  • Pride says,"I am to superior to:worship, pray, serve, reach out to others, witness, read the bible and love others."
1 John 2:15-17  "Don't love the world's ways. Don't love the world's goods. Love of the world squeezes out love for the Father. Practically everything that goes on in the world-wanting your own way, wanting everything for yourself, wanting to appear imporant-has nothing to do with the Father. It just isolates you from Him. The world and all it's wanting, wanting, wanting is on the way out-but whoever does what God wants is set for eternity."

-Letting pride control my life makes me susceptibe to the enemies tricks- lies- destructive forces.
  • When I take off the costume of pride and I open up my heart and open up my soul unto God. 
  • This is where I become like Christ.
  • This is where I lay down my motives, my goals, my ambitions and I begin to attract and recieve the power of God.



November Series


Solid Rock Family Church
Youthrock Teen Ministries
508 Hunters Run Road
Jefferson City, MO 65109
Phone: 573-893-4609
http://youthrock.us/media.html for iTunes and Facebook


To Subscribe email us at yraxxess@gmail.com





    No comments:

    Post a Comment