Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dangerous Prayers




Dangerous Prayers

Have you ever been frustrated in your prayers?

   Prayer is simply communicating with God, then listening.
   I want to share with you some very dangerous prayers to pray, they will change you if you mean it.
   It will cause an explosion in your life like never before.

Illustrate here: first stick of dynamite

   This is highly explosive!
   In fact you have to have a special license just to handle it.
   Most people are scared to handle dynamite.
   Sort of like prayers, some people are scared to handle them.
   Dynamite along with prayer is extremely dangerous but when used properly it can have huge results.
   Dynamite: Demolition teams use it to level old buildings.
   Ski resorts use it to set off controlled avalanches on purpose to prevent really bad ones.
   It is used in mining to find gold, silver and diamonds,
   Road crews use it to make a road wherever the engineers choose to build one.

James 5:13-18 NLT "[13] Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. [14] Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. [15] Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven. [16] Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. [17] Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! [18] Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops."

   Do you have the guts to pray such prayers?
   A lot of gutless Christians out there today, gutless students, unwilling, or seemingly unable to pray prayers of faith, or to pray at all.
   Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone?
   I am willing to stand up for what is right.
   If you don't have devotion then all you have is emotion.

Here are some dangerous prayers to pray:

1.      Dangerous prayer #1 God search me!
1.      Ohhh this is a tough one to pray and connect to!
1.      A lot of people have some things in their life's closet they don't want anyone else to see.
1.      Especially when you might drag out into the light.

Psalm 139:23-24 NLT "[23] Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. [24] Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life."

2.      Corners and closets are usually a good place for spider webs and stored junk!
1.      Stuff that is technically yours but you never make use of it.
2.      Spider webs generally develop in areas that no one goes through, hasn't gone through in a long time, or areas that no one is allowed to go to. 
3.      Are you willing to look at what He finds? 
1.      Then are you willing to make a change?

Psalm 51:10 NLT "Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a (right spirit) a loyal spirit within me."

4.      Have you ever been pulled over by law enforcement with something illegal in your car when they asked, "Mind if we search the vehicle?" 
1.      Alec, Chase TK and I were on our way back from the District Campgrounds in the State Youth Directors truck and...first the mannequin, then
1.      Do you know this man?
2.      Does he have anything illegal in the truck?
2.      Dangerous prayer #2 God stretch me!

Isaiah 54:2-3 NLT [2] "Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out your home, and spare no expense! [3] For you will soon be bursting at the seams. Your descendants will occupy other nations and resettle the ruined cities."

1.      God stretch my heart to love people who hurt me.
2.      God stretch my mind to conceive You, to understand You, to know You.
3.      God stretch my life so I can touch someone.
1.      God stretch my finances that I can bless someone!
4.      God help me to be a better person, impressive to the world, influencing everyone around me.
1.      Could power and anointing live in me?
2.      Flow out of me?
1.      God's Spirit can provide the necessary power and motivation.
2.      To do, to live in, to accomplish the impossible.
3.      I don't know about you but when I begin to think about world changing I think positive.
4.      I think about my home, I think about my distant family, I think about my surroundings, my community, my state, my nation, other nations, the globe, and I'm not disheartened.
5.      I'm not overwhelmed with guilt, fear, frustration or lack, I'm overcome with excitement, passion, action, motivation, and the presence of the all knowing, all powerful, fully capable, fully aware God.
5.      Because where sin is God's grace is there infinitely more.

Romans 5:20-21 NLT "[20] God's law was given so that all people could see how sinful they were. But as people sinned more and more, God's wonderful grace became more abundant. [21] So just as sin ruled over all people and brought them to death, now God's wonderful grace rules instead, giving us right standing with God and resulting in eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

1.      Sin used to rule, bringing separation from Jesus Christ and eternal death.
2.      But because of Christ's unbelievable sacrifice, grace now rules, resulting in eternal life.
3.      Dangerous prayer #3
1.      God break me!
2.      Oooo this one is just nasty.

Hosea 10:12 NLT "[12] I said, 'Plant the good seeds of righteousness, and you will harvest a crop of love. Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the LORD, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you."
3.      Break off any hardness, bad habits, bitterness, addictions, unforgiveness, negative attitudes, pride, fears, or abuse.
1.      Till up, or plow up the hard ground in our lives.
2.      If you throw out good seed on untilled ground it dies in the sunshine.

Jeremiah 4:3 NLT "[3] This is what the LORD says to the people of Judah and Jerusalem: "Plow up the hard ground of your hearts! Do not waste your good seed among thorns."

3.      Thorns choke out everything around them.
1.      Do not plant your good intentions in a heart filled up with the roots of thorns, but first break up the soil, and clear it of noxious germs, and then plant the seed which will grow up in purity and holiness.
4.      God doesn't just "over look" our faults.
1.      Have you ever just looked over someones faults?
5.      God questions our faults, He counsels us about our faults!
1.      If you say well I haven't ever heard God question me about any of my faults, then you are not listening!
2.      You are not listening to Him and you are definitely not listening to others!
1.      Many times people say things that should have no eternal or earthly value to us but every now and again we need to hear the voice of God through someone.

Matthew 23:11-14 NLT "[11] The greatest among you must be a servant. [12] But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted. [13-14] "What sorrow awaits you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you shut the door of the Kingdom of Heaven in people's faces. You won't go in yourselves, and you don't let others enter either."

6.      Have the guts to ask God to break you and He will do incredible things in you!
1.      He will plant seeds of the impossible in you!
4.      Dangerous prayer #4 God lead me!

Matthew 26:39 NLT [39] He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

1.      Ever walked a dog?
2.      Hard to control with a long leash right?
3.      Ever been drug by a dog?
1.      You tug and it takes a minute to get to the other end.
4.      On a short leash though a tug is felt very easily.
1.      God help me live on a short leash!
2.      When you are on a short leash you are a lot closer to your Master.
3.      When you are on a short leash you enjoy the company of the Master.
4.      When you are on a short leash you are less likely to get tangled up around something.

Proverbs 3:5-8 NLT "[5] Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. [6] Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. [7] Don't be impressed with your own wisdom. Instead, fear the LORD and turn away from evil. [8] Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones."

5.      Dangerous prayer #5 God use me!
1.      God use me, not like we use humans.

Isaiah 6:8 NLT "[8] Then I heard the Lord asking, "Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?" I said, "Here I am. Send me."

2.      Maybe God has told you to speak to someone or love someone into heaven but you hesitate.
1.      Jonah did not go, then he payed a heavy price.

Jonah 1:1-3 NLT "[1] The LORD gave this message to Jonah son of Amittai: [2] "Get up and go to the great city of Nineveh. Announce my judgment against it because I have seen how wicked its people are." [3] But Jonah got up and went in the opposite direction to get away from the LORD. He went down to the port of Joppa, where he found a ship leaving for Tarshish. He bought a ticket and went on board, hoping to escape from the LORD by sailing to Tarshish."

3.      Vs. 3 Jonah paid the fare to get out and away from the presence of the Lord.
1.      I've watched people do this all of my life even experienced it for myself for a while. But began to realize God's goodness, God's forgiveness, God's power, God's favor, God's salvation, God's healing, and God's love.
Luke 10:2 NLT "[2] These were his instructions to them: "The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into His fields."

4.      Jesus told them the harvest is plentiful, the reaching is plentiful, the salvation is plentiful, but the workers are few, the laborers are few, the employees are minimal.
1.      Who are the workers?
2.      You and I.
1.      I dare you to ask God to use you.
2.      I dare you to ask God to use you, every day.
3.      I dare you to ask God to use you every moment.
4.      I dare you to pray the prayer, God use me!
5.      God, send people across my path that I may minister to them.
1.      I pray that the Holy Spirit would guide me to those that need a touch from you!
2.      Give me the words to speak.
1.      Let me be bold as a lion, meek as a lamb, wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove.
6.      What would the result be if you prayed these prayers?
1.      They would be explosive!
2.      What if each one of these prayers we're prayed and lived out?
1.      It would alter individuals, it would change a home, transform a marriage, modify a city, rearrange a nation, restructure a globe.
2.      These prayers aren't just dangerous prayers to pray, they are destructive prayers to pray, these prayers could destroy hell, and the Devil.
7.      Think of the things God could do!
1.      Think of the lives God could change if we would pray and believe.
2.      Are you willing to light the match?
1.      Are you ready for some explosive results in your life?
2.      Then, respond to God this morning with a dangerous prayer!
8.      God wants to destroy the way you use to do it.
1.      God checks you for easy damage, simple damage, and danger zones so He doesn't lose you in the avalanche.
1.      The devil battles you and fights you, and depresses you, and stresses you, and belittles you, and financially bankrupts you, and emotionally strains you so hard because he knows that if you'll give God first place in your life you will be explosive!
1.      God knows your worth!
2.      Hell knows your worth its just that hell never paid the price of freedom for you.
3.      Hell never sacrificed their blood for you but Jesus Christ did, He laid down His life that we might eternally live!
9.      If we prayed dangerous prayers, we would literarily put a hole in the kingdom of Hell.
1.      If you prayed God search me!
2.      If you prayed God stretch me!
3.      If you prayed God break me!
4.      If you prayed God lead me!
5.      And if you prayed God use me!

   These dangerous prayers launch the rescue of a generation!
   These dangerous prayers ignite the fires of revival!
   These dangers prayers begin a movement of restoration in you, in your homes, in this city, and in this globe!

   These dangerous prayers are ready to be uttered from the mouths and minds of the passionate after God! 




Join us for our 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt April 4th 10am 


No comments:

Post a Comment