Wednesday, June 6, 2012

5 things every teenager needs


1. Vision.


Vision-the ability to think about or plan the future with imagination or wisdom.


A vision is a picture of the future created in the imagination that motivates people into action.


Acts 16:9-10 (NLT)
"That night Paul had a vision: A man from Macedonia in northern Greece was standing there, pleading with him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us!" [10] So we decided to leave for Macedonia at once, having concluded that God was calling us to preach the Good News there."


  • Spiritual, supernatural vision comes from God.
  • Not from others, not from conference, not from Youthrock, not from summer camp, not from the next series my buddy is doing but from God.
    • A vision from God will sustain you.

Proverbs 29:18 (NLT)
"When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is joyful."


Proverbs 29:18 (KJV)
"Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he."


  • I don't need addictions, I don't need to do what everyone else is doing I have a plan from God a plan from heaven itself to guide me into my future.
  • I refuse to run wild, crazy, undisciplined into nothing I will run into my vision.
  • Get pure, get praying, get worshipping and God will give you a vision.
  • Having a plan, sticking to the plan because it's right, honorable, truthful, spiritual, and God breathed.
    • I don't need sin, I don't need this, I don't need that I have a vision from God about my life, my family, my future, and the ministry He has called me to.
    • I have something so much greater than "that" I have a vision.


2. Faith


Hebrews 11:1 (NLT)
"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see."


Hebrews 11:6 (NLT)
"And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek Him."


  • You need to stop telling yourself how big your mountains are and begin to let your mountains know how big your God is!
  • The way you talk, think, and react are in direct relation to what you truly believe.
  • If you believe for the best I believe you will have a jump start for the best. If you believe for the worst I believe you can achieve it. 
  • Jesus was a master and was able to quantify at different levels where people's faith was.
  • He looked to one and said, "Oh ye of little faith."
    • Why don't you connect to something greater?
  • He said to some, "Be it done according to your faith."
    • Whatsoever they were believing for they got.
    • Believe little get little believe big get big.
  • And to one "Wow I have not see greater faith than this."
    • "This faith is amazing, this faith is monumental, I have not seen faith this great in all of Israel."

  • A young man or woman of God should have a solidarity about his/her faith.
  • Graduate in levels of our faith.
  • Graduate in my faith and confidence of God.


Don't run around confused about what you think or believe, read the word of God and it will declare to you what belief is.


3. Friends.


1 Samuel 23:14-17 (NLT)
"David now stayed in the strongholds of the wilderness and in the hill country of Ziph. Saul hunted him day after day, but God didn't let Saul find him. [15] One day near Horesh, David received the news that Saul was on the way to Ziph to search for him and kill him. [16] Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God. [17] "Don't be afraid," Jonathan reassured him. "My father will never find you! You are going to be the king of Israel, and I will be next to you, as my father, Saul, is well aware."


  • Faithful are the wounds of a friend.
  • You think conferences, services, camps are powerful in your life, you need a friend that will come and encourage you when you are hiding in the cave and you'll experience life altering friendship.
    • Stop hiding in the cave of fear, rejection, disappointment, hurt, discouragement, and lack.
  • If you want a covenant friendship be a covenant friend.
He who wants friends must show himself friendly.


4. You need an appointment with God.


In our lives busyness we need to make an appointment with God and make our appointments.
Set an appointment with God that you will refuse to miss.


Luke 10:38-42 (NLT)
"As Jesus and the disciples continued on their way to Jerusalem, they came to a certain village where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. [39] Her sister, Mary, sat at the Lord's feet, listening to what he taught. [40] But Martha was distracted by the big dinner she was preparing. She came to Jesus and said, "Lord, doesn't it seem unfair to you that my sister just sits here while I do all the work? Tell her to come and help me." [41] But the Lord said to her, "My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! [42] There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her."


  • Martha was worried about many things.
  • In my schedule everyday I need to make an appointment with God.
    • I don't need to concern myself with what God is saying to others I need to concern myself with what He is saying to me.
    • God desires to guide me, direct me, correct me, and empower me. Am I going to Him for that inspiration?
  • As teenagers we are generally troubled, stressed, and concerned about good things. Not the problem.
Luke 10 But Mary has discovered it and it will not be taken away from her.

What had she discovered?

Jesus!

  • There are 4 types of decisions, Poor, Good, Better, Best.
    • The definition of the best decision is-superior to all others.
As a Pastor I get paid first and foremost to "Preach and to Pray."
  • Have a hunger and a craving to be alone with God.
  • When does that appointment with God happen? Where? What time?
Never miss appointments with Him. Guard with all you've got.


5. Know the season.


1 Chronicles 12:32 (NLT)
"From the tribe of Issachar, there were 200 leaders of the tribe with their relatives. All these men understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take."


  • A man/woman of God must know what season he/she is in and what he/she is to do.
  • You can't be satisfied with just knowing the season but you have to know what it is you are to do and plan for.
  • A young man/woman of God doesn't just know what action to take he/she takes and does it. James wrote:
James 4:17 (NLT) "Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it."


  • In knowing what season it is you will not be able to do what used to work for you.
    • Because what used to work for you will now work against you.
    • Cause you did not do what you were supposed to do in this season.
  • God still rewards the secret things.
  • God still rewards what is done in secret that's why fasting, giving, serving, praying, bible reading and worshipping is so important.
It's a secret discipline, private discipline that brings public reward.


Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."


The Kingdom of God advances through Mighty Men/Women, aggressive men/women, not passivity.


Exodus 15:3"The Lord is a warrior A warrior is His name."

GEAR UP AND GET BOLD FOR GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment