Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Zero Impact




Everything we do around here should exalt Christ lift up Christ make a difference to Christ.
If not then everything we do when we meet God face to face will burn up and have had zero affect, zero impact.
God gave us His Mission for the church many many years ago and if we try to change that mission or disregard that mission then our efforts will burn up and we’ll only see ashes of our hard work.


1 Corinthians 3:11 “For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.
12 Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw.13 But on the judgment day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a person's work has any value.14 If the work survives, that builder will receive a reward.15 But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barely escaping through a wall of flames.”


Exalting Christ is our mission.
Exalt-to raise in rank, power, or character; to elevate by praise; glorify or to raise high.
Lifting Him up in worship.
Lifting Him up in my job, my school work, or around my friends.
Relying on Christ is our mission I can be organized, have purposes defined and displayed but without the power of God and His Spirit present then all we have is a show.
I’m not an entertainer.
Elevating God is in my every day life.
Living life to elevate God.
Living life not pleasing me but Him.
Bringing others to Christ is our mission.
There is no one like God.
He is gracious. He is compassionate. He is everlasting.
He is Holy. He is mighty. He is full of strength. He is full of love.
He is my friend.
He is my help. He is my strength. He is my redeemer.
He is my guide. He is my comfort. He is my peace.
He is awesome. He is unfailing. He is faithful.
He is my place of safety. He is my King.
He is unbelievable. Incredible. Inconceivable. Unimaginable.
He’s perfect. He’s ideal. He rescues. He forgives.
He cares.


Psalm 139:17 “How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!”


He is just. He is worthy. He is forever. He never changes.
He is generous. He is able. He is kind. He is victorious. He is good.
He is a servant. He is humble. He is encouraging.
He is all you need now. He is all you’ll ever need.
Equipping believers for their God mission is our mission.


What equipment do you need to fulfill your God mission?
Do you even know your God Mission?
Are you living it out?
Are you encouraging others, training others, putting confidence into others or are you holding them down, belittling them or holding them back from their God Mission?
Another concert, another service, another sleeprock is great but does it exalt Christ?
Does it bring others to Christ?
Does it equip believers for their God Mission?
Humility and service is our mission.

In the Chinese church every person is called and referred to as a mu’sher which means servant.
No body running around saying well I’m an apostle, prophet, pastor, teacher or an evangelist they just refer to themselves and to each other as a mu’sher. Servant.






Philippians 2:6 “Though he was God, He did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. 7 Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, 8 He humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal's death on a cross.”


I know I’m a broken record on this deal but it’s the true model of Christianity. Servant. Humility.
Ministry is not my agenda it’s my lifestyle.
iserve is not my campaign it’s my lifestyle. Loving people, caring about people, showing mercy, grace, and compassion to people is how I now live.
God changed that about me.
If we live our Christian life any other way it’s a waste of our time, talent, and treasure.
All of your work all of your efforts will burn up if you have any other motive but than for your work to elevate, promote, and glorify, God.

No comments:

Post a Comment